Western Michigan University
ED 430: Creativity in the Classroom
ED 430, Prof. Downey
OBSERVATION JOURNAL and
Please use this form as a guide.
If you observe more than is asked, include what you feel is relevant, and feel
free to ask additional questions of your teacher, or change the questions as
you see fit. This journal should be handed in after observing in your placement
classroom. If possible, try to arrange to see an arts-based lesson being taught.
Student Name:_________________________________ Section:_______________
Teacher Observed:______________________________ Date:________________
1. Write a brief explanation of what you observed in the class period.
2. Write what went well in the lesson you observed.
3. What problems, if any, did the presenter have to overcome in this activity?
4. What discipline problems did you observe in the class and how did the teacher handle them?
5. What will you need to keep in mind when you teach your lesson in this class?
1. What curriculum are you required to teach in this grade?
2. Do you regularly integrate the arts? If so, how?
3. What topics would you like integrated into the arts-based lesson?
4. How do you manage hands-on activities in the classroom?
Due:Monday, October 27th
Score: _____/5 points
ED 430 Home Page