FCS 3260 - History of Fashion
1. To learn the basic configurations of dress, along with terminology, from the ancient world to the end of the twentieth century.
2. To gain insight into the impact of historical, social, political, economic,
technological, and aesthetic conditions on dress and personal adornment.
3. To understand the diversity of historical dress according to class, culture, gender, economics, occupation, and geographic location
4. To become familiar with major terminology and concepts of historical dress.
5. To learn how information for the history of fashion was/is gathered.
6. To translate historic fashion and accessories into contemporary fashion design and merchandising inspirations.
7. To learn tools for conducting research on historic dress.
View WMU Catalog Entry