7. The following lines are an example of which meter?
Happy the man whose wish and care
A few paternal acres bound
- iambic tetrameter
- iambic tetrameter with substitutions
- iambic pentameter
- iambic pentameter with substitutions
- trochaic tetrameter
- trochaic tetrameter with substitutions
- trochaic pentameter
- trochaic pentameter with substitutions
5 is WRONG.
It's tetrameter, right enough, but not
trochaic, despite the fact that the first foot is a trochee.
[ Go Back To Question 7 ]
[ Go Back To The Beginning Of Quiz ]