Driving Directions for Professional Observations
MAKE SURE YOU TAKE DOWN THE PHONE
NUMBER OF THE MUSIC THERAPIST
YOU ARE OBSERVING SO YOU CAN
CALL HER IF YOU GET LOST!!!
MY OFFICE NUMBER IS (269) 387-5415
THE MUSIC THERAPY CLINIC'S NUMBER
IS (269) 387-4679
TAKE IT EASY ON THE
ROAD! DRIVE CAREFULLY AND BE SAFE!
Lincoln Development Center (Lowell, MI)
Julie Gray, MT-BC (616) 771-2750
DIRECTIONS TO LINCOLN DEVELOPMENT CENTER
- 131 N
- 196 E
- 96 E
- Exit # 39 (Lowell - M21, also called Fulton St.)
- Left on Crahen Ave.
- Go about 1/2 mile and the Lincoln Campus is on the right (there will be
a sign on Crahen).
- There are 3 buildings on the Campus.
- Follow signs to Lincoln Developmental Center
- Parking is near the center.
- Enter at the main door and Julie Gray, MT-BC will meet you at the front
desk. (Ask for her if she is not there).
- You should allow approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes for travel. Plan on
being there at 8 a.m. and leaving around 11:30 a.m.
- IN CASE YOU GET LOST - THE NUMBER THERE IS (616) 771-2750 AND MY NUMBER
IS (269) 387 - 5415
Blossomland Learning Center (Berrien Springs, MI)
Loretta Kramer, MT-BC (269) 473 - 2600
DIRECTIONS TO BLOSSOMLAND LEARNING CENTER
· Allow at least one hour from Kalamazoo, plan to be there by 8:45 a.m.
· I-94 West to exit 28
· At end of exit, turn RIGHT (south), going under the over pass
· Continue on this road all the way to Berrien Springs (it will be mostly
· Blossomland Learning Center will be off the road on the right about
10-15 minutes from the exit
· You will go through several stop lights, the final one being by Andrews
University and Apple Valley Market on left. Berrien County Fairgrounds will
be on right just before you get near Blossomland.
· Our driveway is across the street from the Lutheran Church and the
fast food restaurant Baguette de France, and right after Chemical/Shoreline
Banks driveway. You will also see a big green sign that says Berrien Springs
· In the front yard is a sign for Berrien County ISD and Blossomland
· Turn RIGHT and follow the one-way drive to the building in the back.
(The front building is the ISD Administrative Center). Park in the way back
by the playground.
· Come to the front office to sign in as a Visitor and ask for Loretta.
Ft. Wayne Developmental Center (Ft. Wayne, IN)
Janelle Zeiring, MT-BC (260) 969 - 1708
DIRECTIONS TO FT. WAYNE DEVELOPMENTAL CENTER
Directions from Kalamazoo to Ft. Wayne State Developmental Center (4900 St.
Joe Rd (260) 969-1708
* Take I-94 east to I-69 south
* Continue on I-69 south and take exit 112 B (Coldwater Rd. south)
* The first major intersection on Coldwater Rd. is Washington Center
Rd - turn left (east) on Washington Center Rd. (there is construction at
this intersection, but it will not interfere with travel)
* Continue on Washington Center Rd. which becomes St. Joe Center Rd.
* Turn right (south) on St. Joe Rd. This is a large intersection and
you will see McDonald's and Taco Bell at this intersection.
* Once on St. Joe Rd., turn left (east) at second stop light. This is
the entrance to the Ft. Wayne State Developmental Center.
* Continue on this entrance road to the 4-way stop sign. Turn left at
the stop sign.
* You will see a large building labeled "Community Mall"; this is
where the music therapy department is housed. Park in the parking lot and
enter the Community Mall. The main office is the second door on the left.
Please inform the secretary in the office that you are here to observe music
therapy and she will call our department; a music therapy staff will meet
you in this office.
Plan on a 2 hour drive and being there at 4:45 p.m. and leaving at 9:00 p.m.
Please note: Our dress code is casual, but we have one restriction for
safety - no open-toe shoes!
Allegan County Developmental Center (Allegan, MI)
Cheri Wykstra, MT-BC (269) 673-2167 ext. 3479
DIRECTIONS TO ALLEGAN COUNTY DEVELOPMENTAL CENTER
- Take the Otsego/Allegan exit heading West, this is M-89
- Go through Ot sego and into Allegan (about 10 miles or so)
- The first "non-blinking" stoplight is M-40 South.
- Her directions state to "go straight through, you'll need to be in
the right lane to go straight"
- Go to the next stop light which is M-40 North/M-89 West (toward Holland)
and turn Left.
- You'll go up a hill, and just past the water tower is Grove St. where you'll
- The Allegan County Development Center is on your left, you'll see it as
soon as you turn onto Grove.
- If the parking lot is full you may need to park on the street. Go to the
office to sign in as a guest, and the secretary will call me to meet you in
- Allow 45 minutes from campus and plan on being there at 8:45 a.m.and staying
at least to 10:45, then you will have the opportunity to ask questions, etc.
WJ Boys Maxey Training School (Whitmore Lake, MI)
Cheryl Scott, MT-BC (734) 449-4422
DIRECTIONS TO WJ MAXEY BOYS TRAINING SCHOOL
- 94 E
- As you get closer to Ann Arbor, follow the signs for M-14
- M-14 is on the left and 94 continues on towards the right.
- The sign will read: M-14 Plymouth/Livonia
- 23 N (Flint) also a left exit
- Exit # 54 B(M-36 Whitmore Lake)
- At the 4-way stop, go straight through. (Arby's on the right and Burger
King on the left)
- Just after a wooded area, there will be an entrance to WJ Maxey on the left.
- Approach the guard shack and gate. Your paperwork has been submitted and
you should be allowed in.
Bring Cheryl's name and number with you just in case.
- Park towards the entrance of the building to the left of the lots. A sign
will read "Visitor's Entrance" and Cheryl will meet you at the door.
- Allow at least 2 hours for drive time and plan on being there at 8 a.m.
Franciscan Life Process Center (Grand Rapids, MI)
Sr. Mary Margaret Delaski, FSE, MT-BC (616) 897 - 7842
DIRECTIONS TO FRANCISCAN LIFE PROCESS CENTER
Take 131 North
Take 196 East
Take 96 East
Take Exit 39 (Lowell) which is M21
You will go through Ada and pass the Amway corporation
Go Left on Pettis
You will make a quick Right on Vergennes
Take a quick Left onto Bailey Dr. (stay on Bailey for approximately 6
Take a Left onto Alden Nash
Take another Left onto Downs
Go to the end of Downs and ..
Turn Left onto a paved road which leads to Franciscan Life Process Center
Marian Burch Adult Care Center (Battle Creek, MI)
Elizabeth Raleigh, MT-BC (616) 962 - 1750
DIRECTIONS TO MARIAN BURCH ADULT CARE CENTER
- Take I-94 East
- Get off at M66 North towards Downtown Battle Creek
- Take Columbia Rd. Exit
- Take a Right onto Columbia Rd.
- Columbia will become Michigan Ave.
- Go through two lights
- You will see a sign for Calhoun County Medical Care and Kimble Pines Park
- If you've reached McDonald's you've gone too far.
- Pull into that driveway and go all the way to the back.
- Walk into the front door and ask for Elizabeth Raleigh
Adrian Training School (Adrian, MI)
Galena Reiter-Thomson, MT-BC (517) 740-3195
- There's so much construction around Jackson right now. I-94 has 2-3 hour
delays for some times of the day. I suggest this route:
Take I-94 east to exit (I think #133) Dearing Road.
take Dearing south (right) to Michigan Ave.
east (left) to next intersection, Sandstone Rd.
south (right) to M-60
west (right) 0.5 miles to Moscow Rd.
south (left) on Moscow to US 12 (more than 10 miles)
east (left) on US 12 to US 127/US 223
South (right) on US 127/US 223--at top of hill take 223 left toward Adrian
Travel approx. 13 miles (past Devil's Lake, then a BP gas station on the left)
to Burton Rd.
Left on Burton Rd. for 6 miles to the end (Burton winds a bit and changes
name to Hunt Rd.)
Right on Bent Oak, go _ mile, to second street to left, Curtis Rd.
Curtis to the end, M-52, turn right, immediate right to our ADministration
Stop at the Porter Admin. Bldg. to log in and get a name tag.
The receptionist will direct you to the music therapy bldg.
My cell phone is 517-740-3195 if there are other questions.