You should first read questions 1-6, and then read section 1 completely. Then you will be ready to answer the reading questions thoroughly. Always keep the answers to the reading questions on a separate piece of paper; these will be randomly collected from time to time. Be prepares to read each section several times. It is normal to reread sections several times before being able to completely answer the reading questions and/or the text problems.
1) What is the web address of the list of corrections for your text?
2) Define the following
in your own words.
a) vector b) c) d) sphere
3) Verify that the equation below completely describes the yz-plane. In other words show that each point in the yz-plane satisfy the equation and show that any point which satisfies the equation lies in the yz-plane.
4) How can you use your calculations for the length of an internal diagonal of a rectangular prism to determine the distance between two points in ?
5) In example 1.1.5 why is the shortest distance from (3, 9, 11) to the boundary of the first octant 3?
6) Use the distance formula to verify that is the midpoint of the line segment formed by and .
page 8 1, 4a,c,e, 5, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 17, 19, 23, 24, 25, 29, 31