You should read the section before attempting any reading questions or problems. Remember that you are responsible for all definitions and examples. Also remember to keep the answers to the reading questions on a separate piece of paper; these will be randomly collected from time to time.
1) Look in your Calculus I book and/or notes
and determine the following limit. Be sure to list any properties
or theorems of limits you used in your calculation.
2) Consider the definition of .
State the set notation form of each of the following and use this
to determine the geometric shape formed.
3) Graphically illustrate Theorem 3.2.1 for a continuous function .
4) Give an example of a function which has a removable discontinuity.
5) Use Maple to do #22 and #23 on page 170.
page 169 1, 2, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 17, 19, 24, 25, 29, 32, 33, 35