Goal: To develop an appreciation for interdisciplinary understanding of chemically mediated interactions among organisms at different scales of organization from molecules to ecosystems, through lectures, reading, multi-media, discussion and hands-on research.
Objectives: To develop skills in the following:
• Analytical thinking.
• Discipline-specific information acquisition and analysis.
• Communication and discussion.
• Interaction among ideas, deductive hypotheses and methods.
• Value of interdisciplinary synergism (how methods from one discipline can allow another discipline to ask and develop new questions).
• Hierarchical and scaling interactions among different levels of organization from molecules to ecosystems.