1. When people converse, they assume certain facts.
2. We are going to eat our dessert after we clean our plates.
3. Our students here at Woodward School always wait their turns.(no changes!)
4. The purse was empty so the girls threw it away..(no changes!)
5. After they emptied the purse, Sarah and Jessica threw it away.
6. The boys devoured the blueberry pie.
7. You could hear the girl’s screams of joy all the way down the block.
8. Since the car blocked Jim’s bicycle, he gave up trying to take it home and instead jumped on the bus.
9. Out the back window of the bus, they watched the boys demolish the car; then turned their attention back to their ice cream cones.
10. When the reporter asked Gandi what he thought about Western Civilization, he said it was a good idea and we ought to try it sometime.