Description of Workshop Sessions
- GOOD MORNING and introductions of facilitators and participants.
- INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTERS: Jana will introduce us to the UFL computer system
that we will be using.
- DESIGNING A SEARCH STRATEGY: Jana will begin the session from the librarian's
point of view. What is it we as teachers need to know to teach our
students how to look for something. What sources to consider, both
print and technological.
- LIBRARY ASSIGNMENT DESIGN (or assignments from hell): Closely aligned with # 3.
How to design a library assigment or lesson will be led by Julia Hansen and
They will provide examples of poorly designed assignments and well designed
ones as well as offer criteria for designing an assignment. Question:
do we want to spend time here designing assignments?
- SITE EVALUATION AND PLAGIARISM:
Bruce will lead this segment.
- GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS: Judy Feller will provide us information and
take us to various sites.
- WEB BASED COURSES: Larry, demonstrating what he has
done in terms of web courses. Possibly could break into groups
for discussion and Q&A period and more hands on.
98-05-23 / Alan Rea