The Awards Committee will look at the following elements of nominated
pages, weighing each equally:
- Navigation - do the links work, is the interface intuitive,
can you find what you're looking for?
- Content - is there content, is it clearly written, is it informative?
In course-ware: does it advance learning?
- Design - in educational sites, are objectives defined and
then fulfilled, do exercises promote those objectives, etc.; in institutional
sites, is the site structure clear and is information readily available?
- Style - are the graphics well done, is the page layout attractive,
is there a consistent look-and-feel?
- Innovation - does the site advance the state of the art in
useful and attractive ways?
- Interaction - is interaction supported, is it easy to use,
does it support educational content?
- Efficiency - does the design use bandwidth efficiently? Are
images small in byte-size? Would content download reasonably quickly
for low-end users?
- Flexibility - does the site support more than one browser?
If it uses frames, is a no-frames version available?