Home Page of SCI 570 Issues in Ecology for Teachers
- A general introduction to the worlds biomes.
- A dichotomous key for the identification of common trees in MI; here's another specific to the needs of MI teachers.
- A lesson plan to help students learn about decay, part of a site devoted to helping students learn about causal patterns in ecology.
- Wisconsin Fast Plants and Cabbage White Butterfly web sites
- A overview of the life cycles of Brassica rapa and Pieris rapae, rearing instructions and suggestions for classroom use.
- Here's another called Bottle Biology that provides photographs of the results of several of the experiments we are doing.
- A website devoted to how to create lesson plans in accordance with national standards for science literacy using the Cabbage White butterfly.
- Global Environmental and Global Warming Links
- The BioQUEST Web Site, where you can find more information about the Environmental Decision Making and EcoBeaker simulations.
Please submit your comments and suggestions about the course and/this web site here.
- You may contact Dave Rudge either by email, by phone (616)-387-2779 or by fax (616)-387-5609.
- Dave Rudge's Home Page.
- The Department of Biological Sciences's Home Page.
- The Mallinson Institute for Science Education's Home Page.
- Western Michigan University's Home Page.
Last updated on 6 Sep 2012.