Just opened in fall 2006, the new elementary teacher education program at NC State is emphasizing math and science for all elementary teachers.
A department head with emphasis in science education would be welcomed and would have a close working relationship with our 30 member department of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education
NC State University
College of Education: Connecting the Future
NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY
College of Education
Department Head in Elementary Education
Scholarship and experience must qualify for appointment as Professor in Elementary Education, emphasis in K-6 Education
Position Number: 03-26-0618
* Provide leadership for programs and faculty in newly created Department of Elementary Education;
* Teach elementary education courses to preservice teachers, depending on qualifications and need;
* Continue a scholarly research and publication record aligned with a Research Extensive University;
* Assist departmental faculty on research and publication agendas;
* Teach in masters and doctoral programs in elementary education;
* Provide support and advising to graduate students engaged in research and graduate programs;
* Assist in department and College outreach.
Earned doctorate in Elementary Education, Curriculum and Instruction, or a related field with emphasis in K-6 Education; scholarly research and publication/presentation record that will qualify for tenured appointment as a Professor in a Research Extensive University; commitment to innovation and collaboration in working with schools and university colleagues.
Minimum of three years experience in K-6 schools or equivalent settings such as government or private institutions specializing in K-6 Education; expertise in teaching with technology; and ability to qualify for K-6 teaching license in North Carolina.
Compile a letter of application, vita and three references.
Select Search Postings;
Type in the following Position Number: 03-26-0618 and select Search. Select View under the job title you have chosen;
Select Apply for this Posting at the top of the ad;
If you are New Applicant, you can create an applicant profile by selecting Fill out a New Application. However, if you already have an electronic application on file with this University, please login to the site with your User Name and Password;
As you create or update your profile, you will have the opportunity to upload the letter of application and vita. You will also be asked to add three references.
To learn more about employment at NC State, the University community, and the City of Raleigh, visit http://www7.acs.ncsu.edu/hr/job_applicants/