River Island Needleworker

I am an avid needleworker and quilter from Plainwell, Michigan. Plainwell is located about 10 miles north of Kalamazoo, Michigan and is situated on an island in the Kalamzoo River. The Kalamazoo River is an EPA area of concern due to PCB contamination from the numerous paper mills along the river. For more information see Kalamazoo River Superfund Site and wikiPedia

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Chatelaine addiction

It's the start of a new year and a new Chatelaine mystery. I wasn't that involved in Mystery 9 (I still have a lot to stitch on it), but so far I love the start of Mystery 10.

I am stitching this on Lakeside Linen Strawflower 32 count linen. The picture doesn't show the color of the linen well (its a warm creme color), nor all the sparkle from the metalics. You can see the Rhodes stitches pretty well though.

I won't add the beads and crystals until close to the end.

This part was fun, fast, and easy to stitch. I hope the rest of the Mystery goes as well.

Before and over break I stitched four pin keeps using a pattern from Paradox Lost from Long Dog Samplers. I used the part where Julia put her own intitials in the graph and used Easy Grapher to position the appropriate initals. I will post a few photos later.

Also worked on Chatelaine Pompeji Gardens. Here is an updated picture. Still haven't finished all the backstitching from parts 1 and 2. I also need to remove the beads in the center and re-bead later. I'm using my new System 4 needlework stand with a q-snap frame holder. I really like it. I'll move the project to my scroll bars in a few weeks.

Labels:

5 Comments:

• At 9:04 AM, Cindy said…

Love your progress on both pieces so far. They are both looking fantastic!!! Can not wait to see more!!

• At 1:21 PM, Patti said…

I love the start of this one too but I have decided no more Chatelaine for a while. I too started IX and Part 1 isn't even finished:-(

• At 5:45 AM, Jamie said…

Wow this is fantastic work. These are so beautiful. I'm definitely still intimidated by these designs!

• At 5:55 AM, Lana said…

These are beautiful!
    ~Lana~

• At 6:03 AM, Carol said…

Hi Julie - I got your comments and wanting to be in the RR - very good! I won't overlook you :-) Wow, you do love Chatelaine - they are gorgeous! I am on a Chatelaine break right now after having fully stitch both MTM and Mystery IX last year - they really ate into the rest of my stitching time. I would love to see your Paradigm Lost pinkeeps, as I am working that sampler right now!

Post a Comment

<< Home