Here is a recipe for delicious ginger cookies to help you get started with a great holiday.
- Beat 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Add 1 egg yolk, 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons ginger preserves
- Whisk 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- a pinch of pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon each allspice
- dry mustard and salt
- Stir into the butter mixture and chill 30 minutes
- Roll into balls, sprinkle with sugar and bake 15 to 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Take out of the oven, let cool, and ENJOY!