Web Page Assignments
Lost Worlds and Archaeology
An110 Distance Course 1999
1) Early Humans assignment: Tap on link. You must read the
sections on Hominid Species and Hominid Fossils. I recommend your reading
the Creationist Argument section, but it is not required.
2) Paleolithic Society and Rock Art: Read the Asian Times article.
Rock Art: Tap on the link. Follow the links dealing with Chauvet cave.
Look at the pictures.
3) Cahokia: Take the site tour and map. The tap on view mound
list by name. Go to Monk's mound. Read the relevant material. Then
return to site tour and map. Look at section on the stockade and the section
4) Olmec/Aztecs: Simply read the Olmec Site. At the Aztec
site visit the Introduction , Social Organization and Teotihuacan
sections. Feel free to look at the other sections, but you are not
required to do so.
5) Gilgamesh/: Read the section on the Epic of
6)Zimbabawe: Read the section.
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to Syllabus Lost
Worlds and Archaeology